If players are having difficulties with the game, it is suggested that they read through VFK's "Help and Support" page before trying to contact a staff member.
- 1 Access Issues
- 1.1 How do I change the username on my account?
- 1.2 Why don't I ever receive a reply from Contact Us?
- 1.3 I have registered an account, but cannot log in to play? What is wrong?
- 1.4 I can't remember my password. What can I do?
- 1.5 I can't access the email address I used to register my account. What can I do?
- 1.6 What if I cannot log in, what should I do?
- 2 Account Issues
- 3 Account Security
- 4 Ban Information
- 4.1 What is being banned for Vulgarity?
- 4.2 Someone (sister, brother or friend) got on my account and got me banned. Can I get the ban lifted?
- 4.3 What is a Terms of Service violation ban?
- 4.4 What is a ban for Personal Identifying information?
- 4.5 What is a ban for Scamming?
- 4.6 What is a ban for Disruption?
- 4.7 What is a ban for Harassment?
- 4.8 What is a ban for Sexually Inappropriate Behavior?
- 4.9 What is a ban for Fraud?
- 4.10 Can I get my account unbanned if I pretend to be my parent or guardian?
- 4.11 If my friend's account has been banned, can I call, send an email, or send an in-game help message and ask for my friend's account to be released from ban?
- 4.12 If I purchase a membership, can my account be unbanned?
- 4.13 If I threaten VFK, will my account be unbanned?
- 4.14 I am a paying member, why am I banned?
- 5 Cars
- 5.1 What is a car in VFK?
- 5.2 How do I get a car?
- 5.3 Can I choose the color of my car?
- 5.4 Can I take a passenger in my car?
- 5.5 Can my car be stolen?
- 5.6 I got out of my car in the driving area and got into a friend's car. Now I can't find my car!
- 5.7 How do I drive my car?
- 5.8 How do I get in and out of my car in the driving area?
- 5.9 What is a tunnel?
- 5.10 Can I trade my car?
- 5.11 I changed my mind about the color I selected for my car, can I change it?
- 6 Collectibles / Retired / Rare
- 7 Credits, Virtual Items, and FX
- 7.1 What are credits?
- 7.2 How do I get credits?
- 7.3 What is the purpose of credits?
- 7.4 Where can I spend my credits?
- 7.5 Why can't I buy some of the items in the stores?
- 7.6 What is an FX?
- 7.7 I have an FX, now how do I use it?
- 7.8 How long does an FX last?
- 7.9 How is an Epic Enchantment different from a regular FX?
- 7.10 What is a "star" on an FX?
- 7.11 How do I combine an FX?
- 7.12 Can you "un-combine" an FX once it is combined?
- 7.13 What is furni?
- 7.14 How long is an item available for sale in the stores?
- 8 Friends List
- 9 Furni Exchange
- 9.1 Where is the Furniture Exchange located and what is it?
- 9.2 How does the Furniture Exchange work?
- 9.3 How do I receive my prize?
- 9.4 Are the prizes of equal value?
- 9.5 How does the Furni Exchange decide which prize to give out?
- 9.6 What are the odds for each of the items issued by the Furni Exchange?
- 9.7 Can I trade the prizes I receive from the Furni Exchange?
- 9.8 How often can I use the Furni Exchange?
- 9.9 When is the Furni Exchange open?
- 9.10 Can I exchange items with the Furni Exchange if my inventory is slow loading?
- 9.11 How do I know if the Furni Exchange is open?
- 10 Furniture
- 11 Games
- 12 Gold Stamps
- 13 Help Button
- 14 Help Fairy
- 15 Instant Messenger
- 16 Managing Your Character
- 17 Moderation
- 18 NPCs
- 19 Parents Guide
- 20 Players Rooms
- 21 Public Rooms
- 22 Safety
- 23 Stores
- 24 Subscriptions
- 25 Trading
- 26 Contact Us
- 27 References
If you have any questions concerning Access Issues to VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
How do I change the username on my account?
To change your user name, send a note to email@example.com from the email address you used to register your account. Provide the username you have and the one that you want for the account. Customer Support will change your username and notify you by a return email when it has been changed.
Why don't I ever receive a reply from Contact Us?
You may not be receiving email from VFK. Check your spam/junk email folder for email. Also, some email providers such as AOL, MSN, Hotmail or Windows Live may not accept email from VFK. If you are not receiving email from VFK, check the settings of your email so that your spam filter will not delete email, but will deliver it to a folder and delete later. You should also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List or Allowed sender list.
You may also not be receiving an answer to your email due to using an incorrect email address or one with a typographical error. Be sure to double check the email address you enter into the Contact Us form, so that we can reply.
I have registered an account, but cannot log in to play? What is wrong?
You may not have responded to the verification email that was sent to the email you provided when you registered your account. Following the instructions in the activation email will activate your account and enable you to log in. If you are under 13, the email was sent to your parent's email account and they will need to follow the instructions in the activation email to activate your account.
You could also be using the wrong log in information. Be sure that you are entering your username and password exactly as you entered it when you signed up. Check the email sent from VFK to activate your account. It contains the username and password for your account.
I can't remember my password. What can I do?
If you know the login name and the email address you used to register your account, you can reset your password. Click on the "Click here to change your password" link on the login page and follow the directions.
I can't access the email address I used to register my account. What can I do?
You are always responsible for maintaining a correct email address where you can have access to the password change feature and other information for your account. If you know that you will be deactivating your registration email, before you lose access to it, send a message to email@example.com from that email address notifying VFK that you will be using a new email address. Provide the new email address and ask to have the email address changed to the new one. You will receive an email from Support letting you know when the email has been changed.
If you no longer have access to the email address that you used to register your account, send an email from the new email address you want to use for your account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the complete email that was registered to your account. Also provide your username and password so that we can be sure that you are the owner of the account.
If you do not have access to your email address and do not know your username and password, we cannot help you as we need to be able to verify that the account is yours.
What if I cannot log in, what should I do?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to log in.
- Suspension. Your account could be suspended. If you have received a message saying that your account has been suspended, wait for a couple of hours, then try again. If you are unable to access VFK after seven days, send a note to email@example.com from the email address used to register your character. For further information about account suspensions see the FAQ for suspensions.
- Memory. Be sure that your computer has enough memory. Try restarting your computer, or check that you do not have too many programs or windows up.
- Firewall. You may have a Firewall that is not allowing you access. If you have a firewall running on your computer or network, check to be sure that you have ports opened on it. In addition, make sure that you have not denied access to VFK by looking to see which programs are blocked.
- Disconnected. If you can connect, but you keep getting disconnected from VFK, there could be problems with the internet between your internet provider and the VFK servers. We can't help much with this, usually internet issues will clear up within a few hours, so try waiting an hour and then logging in again. If you experience this a lot, try contacting your internet provider, or even switching ISPs.
- VFK servers may be very busy. Wait a few minutes and try again.
If you have any questions concerning Account Issues in VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
Can I change my title on VFK?
Yes, you can change your title on VFK. To change your title, submit a request for a title change using the title request tab under the in-game Help button. You must make the request from the character you want changed and cannot request the change from another of your characters. A friend can also not request the title change for you. Include the first choice for your new title as well as a second and third choice. Remember, do not include numbers either numeric or written out, or any words inappropriate for a family site. Also, do not include random capitalization. Allow the staff sufficient time to change your title. If you have not received your new title within two days, you may send your request again.
I still have a guest number instead of a title. When will I receive my title?
Every title on VFK must be approved by staff. If it has been several days since you created your character and you still have not received your title, consider the title you selected for your character and if it had numbers in it or contained words that may be inappropriate for a family site, the title may not be able to be approved. You can send a note to the in-game staff using the title request tab under the "Help" button asking for your title to be approved and providing a second and third choice. Allow the staff time to change your title.
Can I call on the phone and get of change my title?
No, we are not able to change titles over the phone. Please send the title request using the title request tab under the "Help" button in game.
Does it cost anything to play VFK?
Virtual Family Kingdom is free to play. You can create an account, explore the kingdom and play the games and quests. If you want to have IM chat, upload videos, buy the special member clothes and furni, and receive daily credits at log in, and many other benefits, you can become a member. A V.I.P. Membership is only $9.95 per month!
How do I create a character to play VFK?
Anyone can create a character. Just click the "Register" button on the home page or the log in page and follow the screen directions.
How do I change my password?
To change the password for your character, you must have access to the email you used to register your account. Go to the log in page and click on the link to reset your password. You must know your username (log in name) and your email address registered to your character. Follow the instructions that are sent to your email address.
NOTE: Do not ever change your password to one that someone has asked you to use. Keep your password a secret. If someone asks for your password, or wants you to change it, report them immediately using the in-game Help button.
If you have any questions concerning your Account Security in VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
What can I do to keep my account secure?
The most important thing you can do to keep your account secure is to never ever give out your log in information for any reason.
Protect your password
Don't get up from your computer leaving your account signed in for even a minute to run and get a snack if there are others who can get on your account without you knowing it with malicious intent. Leaving your computer unattended can enable someone to get on your account (like a younger brother), and get you banned forever in a matter of seconds. To protect your account, if you are going to be out of sight of your computer, sign out of VFK using the logout option on the menu.
I don't want to be scammed, how can I avoid it?
There are always some people who will try to scam others. If you know the most common ways of scamming, it can help you avoid it. If you ever feel uncomfortable or someone promises something that "doesn't sound right," don't trade with that person, and don't do anything they recommend.
- Misrepresenting an item - Someone may tell you that an item is very collectible, but it is in fact a buyable item. Be sure to know the items that are available in the stores before you trade with anyone. If you suspect that someone is trying to fool you, do not trade.
- Switching an item at the last minute - Someone may in fact have an item that they show you that is a real collectible, however, they may load the trade window with a lot of items in order to confuse you and substitute a non rare item that closely resembles it in the trade. Be very careful that all the items are what they seem before you click accept.
- Asking for your log in information so that they can help you play a game, run a quest, etc. - Never give out your log in information to anyone for any reason. If you suspect that someone has your password, change it immediately. Scammers work fast and can remove items from your account quickly. If you are being disconnected from your account unexpectedly and you know that someone has your password, if you quickly send a note to the in-game "Help" button, the staff can catch a scammer immediately and lock your account until you can change your password.
- Third party site scams - Some scammers will say they have hacked VFK and if you log in to a page they have set up, they will give you 100,000 credits, or some rare item. They may even say they have given out huge credit awards to other players and name them. DO NOT enter your log in information (not even just to check it out), the scammer has set the page up to capture your log in information and will then be able to get on your account and take everything off it quickly. Also, for any outside sites, use different information to register for the site so that someone phishing for your information will not have your VFK account information. If you see any third party sites that are trying to collect VFK account log in information, report them immediately using the in-game "Help" button.
- Impersonating Staff - VFK staff will never ask for your password or log in information. Do not give anyone your log in information even if they tell you they are staff.
How to keep your password safe.
The best way to keep your password safe is to take a few simple precautions:
- Choose a good password - Scammers love passwords that are easy to guess. To make your password more secure, use letters and numbers and do not include your name, your in-game title, or any personal information such as your birthday in the password.
- Only enter your password on the official VFK site. - Only use your password information to log in to VFK and never give it out.
- Never share your password even with a friend. - You don't know if your friend will protect your password as completely as you would. In addition, you don't know what kind of method they have for protecting their computer from programs that could steal your information (keylogger programs).
- Use a unique password. - Don't keep using the same password everywhere on the internet because it is easy to remember. Create a unique password for each site.
- Change your password frequently. - Use the reset password link on the login page to reset your password on a regular basis.
- Know about password "phishing" and password scams so you can avoid them - Phishing is the term used when someone is trying to get your log in information. There are many common ways that people try to scam log in information on the internet:
- Ask for your password information in exchange for credits or furni
- Tell you that something will happen if you type your password and click control + T. It could be any combination of keystrokes that they use. Because VFK has a chat dictionary, you will not be able to say a "safe" password in a room, however, an unsafe password might show.
- Tell you to change your password to "100000credits" and you will receive 100,000 credits on your account. There is absolutely no cheat that will give you credits, or do anything if you change your password. However, if someone is expecting you to change your password and they know your username, they can get on your account.
- IM or message with a threat that your account will close if you do not reply with your log in information.
- Invitation to participate in "secret testing" if you send your log in information.
- Message that promises that you can be staff if you go to a specific third party site that looks like VFK, but isn't (password phishing site) and enter your log in information.
- Tell you that if you send them your log in information, they will add you to their membership.
You will never have to worry about any of these schemes and falling prey to them if you just never, never give out your log in information. VFK will never use any such method to get you to give out your password. If you see any attempt at phishing on a third party site, or password scamming in the game, report it immediately using the in-game "Help" button.
This area provides information about character suspensions also called bans. It includes the types of bans on VFK and why they are given. This is not an all inclusive list, and you could be banned for other reasons. It should also dispel some misunderstandings about bans
What is being banned for Vulgarity?
Vulgarity is using language or behavior that is inappropriate for a family site. If you have been banned for vulgarity, it is likely that you were engaged or were participating in the following behavior:
- Swearing or using bad, rude, or nasty language
- Naming a room something vulgar or engaging in vulgar behavior
- Unacceptable vulgar conversation
- Unacceptable ASCII art on a message board or in a signature
Someone (sister, brother or friend) got on my account and got me banned. Can I get the ban lifted?
Your account should be accessible by only you. If your friend or your family member got on your account and got it banned, then they had to have access information for your account.
It is important that you do not let other people on your VFK account. Your account is always your responsibility and it is up to you to keep it safe. If you've had your account banned because you allowed someone else on your account, you are still responsible.
What is a Terms of Service violation ban?
This type of ban is given when a player has violated the Terms of Service rules, or has done something which may be considered to be illegal.
Terms of Service violations includes:
- Phishing for passwords
- Scamming passwords
- Using or attempting to use third party software to disrupt VFK or VFK players
- Talking about illegal things such as drugs or illegal activities
- Graphically violent role playing
- Making threats of death or violence
- Making bomb threats
- Sharing, posting, or otherwise giving out confidential information about VFK on the internet, in email, or in any other electronic format, or in printed format.
These types of bans are usually permanent bans and will not be lifted.
What is a ban for Personal Identifying information?
Asking for or giving out personally identifying information is not allowed in VFK. Players are restricted from giving out or sharing personal information for reasons of safety. If your account has been suspended for PI, then you were found to be participating in activities which include:
- Asking for, giving out, or receiving any personally identifying information concerning:
- Another player or yourself
- A VFK staff member
- School names
- Third party site account names such as YouTube, AIM, MySpace, Facebook, etc.
- Addresses, phone numbers, or names
- Arranging meeting places
What is a ban for Scamming?
Scamming is simply another word for theft. Any player who attempts to gain access to another player's account or to deceive another player in any way for personal gain is violating VFK rules.
If your account has been suspended for scamming, you were found to be participating in activities which include:
- Logging in or attempting to log in to another player's account
- Removing items such as furniture, clothing, FX, credits and any other belongings of a player by trading them to another player
- Attempting to deceive other players into giving out the log in information for their account.
- Running a scam or phishing site
- Telling other players about third party scam sites so that they will visit them
- Offering items or credits in exchange for personal information
- Bullying or harassing another player in an attempt to get them to reveal personal information
- Misrepresenting an item or being deceptive about the value of an item in an effort to trick a player
- Stealing from another player in any way
What is a ban for Disruption?
This type of ban is issued when you are found to be participating in activities which include:
- Spamming or flooding the room by repeatedly sending chat to a room that disrupts normal conversation in the room.
- Blocking access to teleporters or doors, or impeding traffic in any way.
- Trying to force another player to trade.
- Interfering with a player generated game.
- Interfering with a host or staff event or game.
- Misusing or spamming the "Help" button.
- Being a nuisance in the game in such a way that it disrupts other players' enjoyment of the game.
What is a ban for Harassment?
Harassing another player or interrupting another player's enjoyment of VFK in any way is taken very seriously. If your account has been suspended for reasons of Harassment, then you were most likely participating in activities which include:
- Creating a room(s) to harass another player
- Interrupting a room, or "yelling" (talking in all caps) about another player in a harassing way.
- Telling lies, or spreading rumors concerning another player
- Repeatedly entering a player's room, or following them with the intent to harass the player
- Sending messages or gifts repeatedly with the intent to bother or harass a player
- Putting harassing remarks about another player in your signature
What is a ban for Sexually Inappropriate Behavior?
This type of behavior is not allowed in VFK and we take violations of these rules very seriously. Either asking for someone to engage in such behavior, or taking part in such behavior can result in your account being permanently banned. This type of ban can be particularly difficult to explain to other members of your family or your parents.
If your account has been suspended for reasons of sexually inappropriate behavior, then you were most likely participating in activities which include:
- Asking for are engaging in any sexual behavior
- Offering to engage in such behavior for credits, or in-game items
- Discussing or conversing about adult themes
- Graphic role playing including sexual behavior
- Giving out third party sites which are pornographic in nature
What is a ban for Fraud?
This type of ban results from engaging in behavior or activities believed to be fraudulent. This type of behavior could result in a permanent suspension of your account.
If your account has been banned for reasons of Fraud, it means that you were most likely participating in activities which include:
- Trying to use a credit card without permission or authorization of the owner or of your parent or guardian.
- Attempting to obtain free or extra credits or items and furniture by exploiting VFK systems.
Can I get my account unbanned if I pretend to be my parent or guardian?
No, by pretending to be your parent, you are deceiving VFK and dishonest behavior is not going to get your account unbanned.
If my friend's account has been banned, can I call, send an email, or send an in-game help message and ask for my friend's account to be released from ban?
No, only the person who owns the account can discuss details about that account with us including the status of a ban.
If I purchase a membership, can my account be unbanned?
No, you cannot pay to have a ban lifted on your account.
If I threaten VFK, will my account be unbanned?
Making any threats toward VFK or another player, could result in a permanent suspension of your account.
I am a paying member, why am I banned?
The VFK Constitution applies to all players of VFK without exception.
If you have any questions or problems concerning cars in VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
What is a car in VFK?
A car is a mode of transportation in VFK. The car is an item that you own.
How do I get a car?
You can get a car by completing the Transportation Epic Quest. Just click on the "Q" button on the menu bar at the bottom of the game window and click on the "Epic Quests" tab. Click on the Transportation Epic Quest and follow the instructions. After you complete the final day of the Transportation Epic Quest, you will receive a garage and your new car will be parked in your garage waiting for you.
Can I choose the color of my car?
Yes, when you complete the Transportation Epic Quest, you will be asked to select the color of your new car. Please take care when selecting the color of your car as car colors cannot be changed.
Can I take a passenger in my car?
Yes, you can take a friend along in the passenger seat of your car.
Can my car be stolen?
No, cars cannot be stolen or driven by anyone but the owner.
I got out of my car in the driving area and got into a friend's car. Now I can't find my car!
If you are missing your car, just refresh and it will appear back in your garage. You can also call your car to you if you are wearing your car pin. Just double click your car pin and your car will arrive in just a few seconds.
How do I drive my car?
Clicking on the hood or the trunk of your new car will give you the option of opening the doors of your new car. Clicking again will give you the options to close the car doors or sit in your new car. Once you are seated in your new car, you can click again and close the doors. Choosing "Exit" closes the doors if they aren't closed, exits the garage and sets you on the open road!
To steer your new car, you use the arrow keys. The Up arrow will cause you to go straight. The Up arrow and Right arrow will cause you to turn to the right. The Up arrow and the Left arrow will cause you to turn to the left. You need to hold them both down together as you need to be moving forward to turn. The Down arrow will cause your car to slow down quickly and once your car is stopped, it will cause your car to back up. The Down arrow and Left arrow will cause your car to back up and turn to the left. The Down arrow and Right arrow will cause your car to back up and turn to the right.
If you click in the chat field or otherwise change the focus, you can simply click on the back of your car and start driving again.
How do I get in and out of my car in the driving area?
If you would like to get out of your car and walk around, just click on the ground. To get back in your car, just click on your car. Once you have reentered your car, you can start driving again.
What is a tunnel?
A tunnel is a way to get from one driving area to another in VFK. Keep an eye out for tunnels - you never know where they might lead!
Can I trade my car?
No, you are not currently able to trade your car.
I changed my mind about the color I selected for my car, can I change it?
No, be sure you select your favorite color because you can not change the color of your car once it is selected.
Collectibles / Retired / Rare
Items that are only sold in the stores for a limited time, quest items, scavenger hunt items, furni exchange items, and certain other items, may be considered by players to be collectible or rare. These "limited" edition items may only be available for holidays, or for special days, or they could be available for much longer. There is no set time period for an item to be available. When items are taken out of the stores, they are "retired" and won't return to the stores. The only way you can get a retired item is to trade another player for the item.
How much are collectible items?
All items in the stores have the potential to be retired and therefore collectible, so they cost what the stores charge for the item.
Will a retired item ever be re-released again?
No, the exact same item will never be re-released in the stores again once it is retired.
How do I buy collectible items?
Because collectible items are just the regular buyable items available in the store until they are retired, all the items in the store can be considered to be collectible. However, seasonal items, or items that are for special events or holidays are more likely to be available for only a short time compared to the other buyable items.
Credits, Virtual Items, and FX
What are credits?
Credits are "points" that you can receive from participating in different VFK activities.
How do I get credits?
You can receive credits by:
- Visiting each Non-Playing Character (NPC) once a day.
- Playing mini-games.
- Going on quests.
- Going on a scavenger hunt
- Upon daily log in with VFK Membership.
What is the purpose of credits?
Credits are used in the in-game stores to purchase furniture (furni), clothing for your character, and special FX's for your character.
Where can I spend my credits?
You can spend your credits at the in-game stores, just click on the shop button to see a list of stores displayed. The items listed under "specials" can only be purchased if you are in the store. Just go to a store such as Autumn Imports or the Gift Shoppe in Victorian Age, enter the store, then click on specials. You will then be able to purchase the items under the specials tab.
Why can't I buy some of the items in the stores?
You may not have enough credits to purchase an item. Also, some items are member's only items and can only be purchased if your character has a VFK Membership subscription.
What is an FX?
FXs are special effects that are applied to your character. They last a preset amount of time and then they turn off.
I have an FX, now how do I use it?
You need to be wearing an FX to use it. Click on your inventory, then on your FX tab. Double click on the FX to put it on your character. Click on your character to display what you are wearing, and double click on the FX you want to activate.
How long does an FX last?
An FX lasts a preset time, and then turns off. You can extend the length of time your FX lasts by getting more than one of the same FX and combining them together.
How is an Epic Enchantment different from a regular FX?
Epic Enchantments such as fairy and merfolk change your character until you change it back to human or log out of VFK. You must be wearing your Epic Enchantment pin for fairy to go to the Faery Age, and merfolk for Merfolk Age.
What is a "star" on an FX?
Each FX is considered to be "one star." You can combine up to five of the same FXs together. The number of FXs you combine is indicated on the FX by a star. (For example, a five star FX is five individual FXs combined together.)
How do I combine an FX?
To combine FXs together, click on your inventory, click on FX tab. Click on the FX you want to combine. Click the "combine" button, then click the FX you want to combine with it. Remember, you can only combine the same FX to another.
Can you "un-combine" an FX once it is combined?
No, combined FXs cannot be un-combined.
What is furni?
Furni, short for furniture, is the name for virtual items you can purchase with credits at the in-game stores, get by going on a quest or scavenger hunt, or obtain by trading.
How long is an item available for sale in the stores?
There is no specific time frame for how long an item may remain available for purchase in the stores. Some items are only available for a short time, while others stay in the store longer. The best way is to buy an item you want as soon as it is available so that you don't miss the opportunity.
If you have any questions or problems concerning your friends list in VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
Where is my Friends List?
Your Friends List and message system is the button on the menu bar that looks like an envelope.
How do I add a friend to my Friends List?
To add a friend, just click on the person you want to add. Their player profile will have a button "Ask to Be Friend." When you click on the "Ask to Be Friend" button, it sends a message to the person and asks them if they want to be your friend. If they accept, they will be added to your Friends List.
Why is my Friends List flashing?
If your Friends List icon is flashing, it means that you have received a message. To see your message, just click on your Friends List icon and click "View Messages."
How do I delete someone from my Friends List?
To delete a friend from your Friends List, click the name of the friend you want to remove, and then click on the "Remove Friend" button. They will be removed from your Friends List.
How can I tell if a friend is online?
Your friends appear in the list alphabetically and according to which of your friends are online. The friends that appear at the top of your list are the ones that are online, and they will have the word online listed to the right of their names. The rest of your friends will be listed alphabetically that are not online.
Can I send a message to someone who is not on my Friends List?
No, you can only send messages to players who are on your Friends List.
If you have any questions concerning the Furniture (Furni) Exchange in VFK, reading through these frequently asked questions should help.
Where is the Furniture Exchange located and what is it?
The Furni Exchange is located in Australia at the Undersea Observation Window down the front steps of the Sydney Opera House. It looks like an ordinary waste receptacle. At certain times, you can click on the receptacle and exchange five items that you have in your inventory that are able to be exchanged for one of the special prizes available from the Furni Exchange. The prizes are awarded randomly.
How does the Furniture Exchange work?
You click on the Furni Exchange and add five pieces of furni that appear as exchangeable in your inventory. Only certain items can be exchanged.
How do I receive my prize?
The prize appears in your inventory.
Are the prizes of equal value?
The items issued by the Furni Exchange do not have a credit value. They are awarded randomly according to a certain percentage. There are some prizes that are awarded more often than others.
How does the Furni Exchange decide which prize to give out?
The Furni Exchange randomly issues prizes with some prizes more rarely issued than others.
What are the odds for each of the items issued by the Furni Exchange?
The odds for the Furni are:
- Ordinary - 1 to 1
- Special - 1 in 20
- Unusual - 1 in 50
- Exceptional - 1 in 100
- Extraordinary - 1 in 200
Can I trade the prizes I receive from the Furni Exchange?
Yes, the prizes are tradable. You can also recycle the Ordinary level prizes
How often can I use the Furni Exchange?
You can use the Furni Exchange when it is available a certain number of times per day and exchange a preset number of items from your inventory each day the Furni Exchange is open. Limits may vary each time the Furni Exchange is available.
When is the Furni Exchange open?
The Furni Exchange is usually open after large events and holidays when players may have a large number of unwanted items in their inventory.
Can I exchange items with the Furni Exchange if my inventory is slow loading?
Sometimes when you have a large number of items in your inventory, it may be slow to load or even fail to load. You can use the Furni Exchange to reduce the size of your inventory even if your inventory is slow to load.
How do I know if the Furni Exchange is open?
You will see it announced on the Event Calendar under "Menu" on the menu bar.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
Managing Your Character
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.
To be added.